Planning a funeral is not something most people want to do. However, funeral planning services can be incredibly beneficial for you and your loved ones. Your wishes are met, and your family isn’t burdened with planning every detail in their grief.
Your funeral director is an expert and will assist you in pre-planning the funeral, whether for yourself or someone else. Arrangements can be made for any service, such as traditional, cremation, or memorial. Dietrich-Mothershead Funeral Home serves families in De Soto, Hillsboro, Festus, Herculaneum, and surrounding municipalities.
Contact us today to request a quote for funeral planning in De Soto, MO, and begin easing your family’s burden.
Importance of Pre-Planning a Funeral
Many decisions are involved when planning a funeral service, and several can be determined in advance. Funeral pre-planning allows for thoughtful selections and the opportunity to ask relevant questions. Other involved parties can also provide input on the decisions.
Other notable benefits of pre-planning your funeral include:
- Ensuring your wishes are met. Outlining your desires in writing, whether digitally or on paper, allows your family to know what you want. Whether you wish for a traditional burial or a contemporary celebration of life, pre-planned details help ensure your personality and desires are reflected.
- Reducing stress on loved ones. Grief makes even the simplest of tasks much more difficult. Since funeral planning typically begins immediately following a death, family members are left with numerous decisions while also grieving their loss. Although the assistance of a funeral director is beneficial, preparing details in advance will reduce stress and allow your loved ones to support each other.
- Taking the guesswork out of planning. Without pre-made funeral arrangements, your family is left guessing your wishes. As a result, conflict often arises when loved ones disagree on what you would’ve wanted. A clear outlined plan ensures your family honors your wishes while remaining unified.
Prepaid Funeral Plans
Financial arrangements can also be prepared for those planning a funeral service. Dietrich-Mothershead Funeral Home offers several funding options for paying funeral expenses in advance. For example, any funds for a funeral plan are held in a Missouri State–approved Trust or Insurance Product. This money is audited, transferable to another funeral service provider, and protected in case the plan beneficiary must apply for Medicaid.
We encounter many questions about prepaid funeral planning. Please contact us anytime – we are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding funeral planning in De Soto.
Additional Ways to Pre-Plan a Funeral
Your funeral plans can either be a rough outline or include every detail. In addition to determining aspects such as the service type and final resting place, you must prepare other items for surviving family members:
- Storing all critical documents in one area, such as funeral plans, house deed, car title, social security card, marriage certificates, birth certificates, health and life insurance, and discharge papers
- Creating a list of people you want to be notified of your death, including names, addresses, and phone numbers
- Writing an obituary, so your loved ones don’t have to
- Determining where valuable items should go so that family members can give them to the appropriate person before an estate sale
Contact Us for De Soto, MO, Funeral Planning
The compassionate staff of Dietrich-Mothershead Funeral Home is here to help you with all aspects of funeral pre-planning. Each decision you make in advance eases the burden of loved ones during a time of grief and ensures your wishes are fulfilled. Our experts will be happy to assist you with the funeral pre-planning process – contact us today to request a quote.Contact Us Today to Request a Quote
Here To Help You
Your loved one’s life should be honored in a way that would make them proud. Our team of caring, compassionate funeral directors is available to help 24 hours a day to help you add the personal touches that celebrate their life.
Whether you want to honor your loved one with a casual ceremony or a formal one, our services allow all in attendance to express their heartfelt gratitude for the role the person played in shaping their life.
We provide memorial service options for loved ones who choose cremation over a traditional burial. All of our cremation services include assistance with the permanent placement of the urn at a cemetery or columbarium.